Monday, February 10, 2014

Motivation for the day

These are things I've read recently that have either inspired me or that I can't wait to try and thought I'd pass them on.

Motivational Story- Start by forgiving yourself

"In November 2012, I hit 421 pounds, my heaviest weight ever. I've tried pretty much every fad diet out there: Atkins, the grapefruit diet, pills.
But my journey to better health really began when I changed my inner monologue from one that was negative and critical and said You're not worthy to one that said, You can do this; you deserve to be healthy and happy and have love in your life.

|I've had to forgive myself and be kind to myself in order to move forward-after all, I can't change what happened yesterday, but I can change what happens today and tomorrow.

I started by signing up for Weight Watchers and finding a pool I could used for exercise. Now the Upper Valley Aquatic Center is my second home. The water is so relaxing, like a cushion, and I can move without feeling hot or sweaty or straining my joints. I love it- it feels meditative. There's no way to shed the amount of pounds I have to lose and not be confused by the process at times. My weight has been such a part of my identity that losing it can feel overwhelming. Every day I have the opportunity to make choices about my health. Before, my eating and physical habits were thoughtless. Now, I pause and think before I decide to put something in my body or skip a workout. I still have a ways to go, but my goal isn't to be skinny; it's to feel better about myself, and I'm definitely on that path."

Motivating tip:
If you're craving sugar, especially at night, it means you're exhausted. Drink some water and GO TO BED!

Motivating recipe:
Breakfast:Eggs with Veggie Omelet- Fresh Mushrooms, Tomato, Bell Pepper, Asparagus- whatever looks fresh and yummy, stick it in!

Snack:Favorite lunch meat cut in half and folded and topped with 1/4 cheese slice between 2 cucumber slices instead of bread

Dessert:Apple Pie ala Mode ;)
Sprinkle apple slices with cinnamon. Serve on top of vanilla yogurt and drizzle generously with honey.

1 comment:

  1. Love these ideas. All the recipes sound good to me. Especially the GO TO BED!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.